Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) possesses amazing benefits to our body. ACV is acidic when applied topically and alkalizing when taken orally. It has anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antimicrobial properties. It also balances the skin’s pH level which makes it beneficial to skin care.
Below are the recipes you can follow in order to harness the amazing benefits of ACV.
Benefits and Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
1. Skin Toner
1 part Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) + 2 parts water. Apply it using a cotton pad. It restores the normal skin pH after using high pH cleanser which can prevent fine lines when used long term. You can also use it to control eczema on hands and face, just make sure to avoid the eyes.
2. Sunburn Treatment
You can put a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to the bathtub and soak your body or affected areas for few minutes. Alternatively, dilute ACV with water 1:2 ratio. Put the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on sunburned area. Avoid the eyes.
3. Removing Warts
Use a cotton ball with few drops of ACV. Make sure that only warts are soaked with ACV because it can burn the skin. You can apply Petroleum Jelly to the surrounding skin. Use a band-aid to keep the cotton ball with ACV in place. Leave it overnight.
4. Reduce Cellulite
3 parts ACV + 1 Part Olive Oil. Massage on affected area twice a day. Optionally, you can wrap the area using plastic wrap or a warm towel for 1 hour before showering.
5. Cure for Dandruff, Itching and Hair Detangler
1 part ACV + 3 Parts water + Drops of Lavender essential oil (Optional). You can either use a cotton ball to massage it onto your scalp or spray it using a spray bottle. Wrap your hair and leave it between 15mins-1hr. Do this every other day until dandruff stops. You can rinse your hair but do not shampoo it AFTER using the ACV. It not only cures dandruff, it makes your hair tangle free as well.
6. Cure Athlete’s Foot and Calluses
1 cup ACV + basin of lukewarm water. Soak your feet 10-30mins. You may scrub your feet after to get rid of the dead skin and calluses. Apply lotion afterward.
7. Prevent Body OdorMix 1 part water + 1 part ACV. Apply to armpits and wait to dry before showering. Click To Tweet
8. Prevent Bad Breath and Whiten teeth
Put 1 tsp of ACV in a cup of water. Gargle it for around 20 seconds. Spit it out and rinse with water. Wait for few minutes before brushing.
9. Detox and weight loss
2 tsp ACV + 16 oz water. You can optionally add 2 tbsp Lemon and 1 tbsp Honey. Combine them and stir. Use that mixture all throughout the day, recommended before meals.
- There is no recommended dosage but if you are going to drink it, make sure not to exceed 2 tsp a day. If you take too much, it can cause low potassium level and may reduce the bone density.
- Be wary that since ACV is an acid, it can erode tooth enamel so make sure to dilute with water when using as a gargle. Use a straw if you’re drinking it.
- It can also burn your skin and throat when taken undiluted.
38 25 192 1